Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This month, Thankful Thursday is hosted by Iris. I'd like to encourage you to go on over and be a part of Thankful Thursday. Many of the posts make me smile, remind me to be thankful for something I may have overlooked, and many times brings new blogging friends!

I am Thankful For:
1. BSP! He is the love of my life
2. My kiddos and especially thinking today of my baby, Casey. She starts her first day of her Senior Year in High School! Whoa! Where did the time go?!
3. My grandsons, King James and Prince Ethan. How did I live life without these precious boys?
4. My niece Amanda who stayed with our critters while we were in Alaska and is spending this week with us. (Now how should I tell her mother that she doesn't get her daughter back...?)
5. Safe flights to and from Alaska (because I am NOT a fan of flying and it seems like a lot of planes have been dropping out of the sky this year!)
6. Nancy! She is just such a special friend to me and I just love her!
7. Facebook (Yes, Facebook.) I've reconnected with all of my closest girlfriends from High School.
8. A job. (Ok, this is a tough one for me. I would so much rather be a S.A.H.M. but that's just not possible for us right now and so I try very hard to appreciate the fact that I have a job when so many do not.)

So many things to be Thankful for!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are the "TOPS"!!! and if I were involved in "Thankful Thursday" You would be in my top five too!!! So thankful for your friendship and only hope I can do/be the same for you!! Funny thing is...I have always avoided any of those "visit other blog" type thingys and to see what your involvement brought to me almost makes me feel badly?!? Love ya sis!!

Denise said...

Thanks for having a grateful heart.

Emily said...

A lot to be thankful for! And a trip to Alaska...that's cool!

Trish @ Another Piece of the Puzzle said...

I love that the "things" you are most thankful for are the people in your life. Have a wonderful week!

{Kimber} said...

what a great idea...thankful thursday! :)
thank you for visiting my blog and I'm so glad you get my reasons for wanting to be alone at the movies...I don't have to share my popcorn and I can have some peace..at least for an hour or two :)
hope you come back soon :)

{Kimber} said...

btw...my aunt lives in Alaska {Anchorage}
I have only been once when I was 5 but it was beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! What a great thankful list. I hope your trip to Alaska was wonderful. . . that's where I am. I just love it here!