Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me Monday

Ah yes, another Not Me Monday!

I DID NOT go to bed last night totally relieved Mother's Day was done for another year because I despise Mother's Day. No way, couldn't have been me.

I did not stress this morning about what I would squeeze my fat bottom into for work because I over did the delicious food for Mother's Day when I'm supposed to be trying to drop a few pounds. Nope. Wouldn't ever stress over something shallow like that, not me.

There's no way I would have been speeding into work this morning because I cannot afford another speeding ticket let alone the sermon DH would have given me. Nope, not me.

I didn't think how wonderful it would be to just keep going straight up the Interstate into Wyoming and then on to South Dakota just to escape life for a few days. I would never.

I didn't groan inwardly each time a customer came through the office door just because I don't feel like dealing with people, not me. That's just mean.

I haven't been constantly scheming in my head about how to talk DH into going to my cousin's wedding in June even though he already said we couldn't because that would just add more stress to his life and as his wife it's my job to help keep DH stress free. Not even a chance that was me.

And finally, I am not dreading trying to figure out for the 10 gazillionth time what to fix for dinner this evening because I'm just sick and tired of wasting time in the kitchen when my sewing/craft room is calling my name. Not me!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad I'm not the only one, haha!! I say bologna sandwiches for dinner and then get to crafting,lol!!

Jessica said...

I don't think that at all!! I mean, isn't this why we all do this? To feel that we are not alone in this journey?!? I'm fairly new to the blogging world and I just think it is so great to be able to share experiences with others!! Yes, I don't think it matters how old you are when you loose a parent or how long it has been, it just plain ole sucks!!!