Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feeling...

...good. But, exhausted. Gosh. After being off all last week due to my own personal bout with the Swine flu, it's been really tough getting back into the work swing of things.

And let's be honest here, I have reached the stage of my life where I don't want to work outside the home anymore. But the mortgage still comes due the first of every month, etc, etc...blah, blah, blah. Now dear BSP (because yes, he reads my Blog) don't take that statement to mean that I don't like our life or our home. I love everything about all of it except that one annoying little fact. W.O.R.K.

When my siblings and I were very young, my parents used to say "When our ship comes in, we will get (fill in the blank)..." My first thought every time was "We live in South Dakota and unless I miss my guess, there is no body of water for a ship TO ARRIVE IN" and my second thought would be "Whoa...how much $$$ will be on that goshtly ship"?

Now that I'm an adult I still can't for the life of me understand where they thought said ship would dock but now I also want my own ship!!
Let me be clear here. I could care less about having stock piles of money. Being rich, wealthy, famous, whatever has never interested me. But oh I do long for the day when we are at the point where I don't have to work.

So yes, I'm still here, tired but here. (And sorry Nance! I didn't mean to panic you! :o) I hope to be back up and Blogging away about my DIY's and Recipes and most importantly, those awesome grandsons of ours! Until then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...I figured that work had resumed and you were probably EXHAUSTED!! But...it's not like you to not comment on my site...so I had to wonder!?!? Glad you are up and going!! Sorry you HAVE to be up and going...don't we all wish we had "said" ship on it's way!! Love ya sis!!